Our Most Recent Project
The Vicksburg Historical Society’s new project, Historic Footprints, is identifying local buildings and sites of historic significance, then marking each with a bronzed plaque outlining its role in the community. A plaque describing the history of each is mounted on the building or other structure to mark the location.
If you are interested in donating funds to support a specific plaque, or the project in general, please let us know below!
All the other plaques are looking for sponsors at $700 each, with the exception of the GR&I/C> Depot & Historic Village which is $2,500.
- McElvain Hotel
- Smalley Building Block (Old Firehouse)
- “Old El” 1906
- Prudential Nursery 1898
- Raynor-Kimble Building (Vix first Store- Boer’s)
- United Methodist Church 1870
- John Long’s Drug Store 1875 (Hill’s Pharmacy)
- Stofflet Block (Oswalt Park)
- Joy Building
- Hill’s Grocery
- GAR Cemetery Monument 1872
- Oman Block
- Former Rawlinson Building
- EUB Church 1887
- Congregational Church 1882
- St. Edward’s Catholic Church 1906
- First Hospital 1887/Franklin Hospital
- Lee Paper Company 1904
- Godshalk Ice House
- Governor Works 1899
- Power Plant
- Fanny Bair Library
- GR&I/C> Depot and Historic Village
- Opera House
Once you have completed the contact form, please proceed to the PayPal Donate below.
Please donate through our secure PayPal account. You do not have to have a PayPal account to use this service. You will have an option to pay using your credit card.
Checks payable to the Vicksburg Historical Society may be mailed to:
Vicksburg Historical Society
PO Box 103
Vicksburg MI 49097